• Films should be made after January 1, 2016.
• Criteria: narrative, documentary, animation, experimental, and children's films with Jewish content/films from Israel.
• Films 30 minutes or less will be considered short-subject.
• Screeners of foreign language films must be subtitled in English.
• Exhibition Formats: DCP, Bluray, Digibeta, Beta-SP, 35mm, (please contact us if you have another available format).
Deadline for the 2018 San Diego Jewish Film Festival; Narrative and Documentary Feature is September 13th, 2017.
Deadline for the 2018 San Diego Jewish Film Festival, The Joyce Forum (Short Film Showcase) is August 2, 2017.
Please label your screener with the title, director's name, running time, language, and whether or not the film is subtitled.
San Diego Jewish Film Festival
Lawrence Family JCC
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037-1338
Submit viewing link/password through email: email@example.com
Narrative and Documentary Feature Film:
• DVD, NTSC, and PAL.
• Password protected/private online links from Vimeo, Youtube, distributor/filmmaker viewing link.
Please include, along with the screener, the following information:
• Print source: name, address, phone, e-mail, and web site address.
• Director, country of origin, year, running time, language(s), and format the print is available on for festival screenings (DCP, Bluray, DVD, etc.).
• Synopsis of film.
• Filmmaker's contact information and bio.
• Any publicity, including press reviews, awards, award nominations, premiere dates and city, and/or any other relevant press materials.
If you wish for the screener(s) to be returned, please also enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for its return after our selection process is complete. If no return envelope or request is included, the screener will be kept until our selection process is completed and then discarded to protect your rights.
Screener(s) shipping costs, to and from the SDJFF, should be paid by the sender. We do not return screener(s) unless you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your entry.
ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION MATERIALS:
Please send the following electronically:
• At least one image from the film. Please send high resolution (300 dpi or higher) photos.
• A director photo. (Required for Joyce Forum submissions.)
Artwork being submitted electronically can only be accepted in the following formats:
• Microsoft Word, RTF, PDF, or plain ASCII text.
• Digital film stills are accepted in either TIFF or JPEG format at 300 dpi or higher, via e-mail (files over 4MB cannot be accepted by email) or sent on CD/DVD-ROM.