Lazer Lloyd and the Chicago Blues Kings
Thursday, November 20, 2014
David & Dorothea Garfield Theatre
Price: $22; JCC Member Price: $18*
*Service fees now included.
Additional online convenience fee still applies.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
$5 discount if purchased by Nov. 3 (use code - blues)
Call the JCC Box Office at 858.362.1348
A rock, folk, and blues guitarist, singer, and songwriter who lives in Israel, Lloyd is to blues guitar what Matisyahu is to hip hop music – the best! Joined by two of Chicago’s most sought after and renowned Jazz and Blues artists, don’t miss this trio’s only San Diego performance!
Kenny Coleman Felton Crews
One of the most popular blues/rock singers and guitarists in Israel.
- The Washington Post
His guitar playing alone is worth the price of admission, and when you
add in his vocals and strong songwriting skills, this is a winner.
- Blues Blast Magazine
Call for Submissions:
2nd Annual 5 Minute Play FESTIVAL
San Diego Center for Jewish Culture’s (SDCJC), Straight From The Page, a staged reading series, is proud to announce 5 Minute Play Festival.
Do you have a 5 minute play in you? Write it down and send it to us – your play might be chosen and performed by professional actors on Monday, April 13, 2015 at Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS 4126 Executive Drive, La Jolla, CA 92037.
Play Content Rules:
- The play must speak to Jewish identity, heritage, cultural experiences or values
- Submission must be a five minute original play (approximately 750 words)
- Play can have 2 or 3 characters - no monologues
- No musicals may be submitted at this time, if there is any music, it must be sung a cappella
- Comedy, drama, historical, political are all welcome
Play Submission Rules:
- Deadline for submission is January 5, 2015
- Plays must be submitted as a Word document only - a pdf will not be accepted
- Plays must be created in 12pt Ariel font
- There is no cost to submit
- Plays will not be returned
- Submit plays to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All finalists will be notified by February 17, 2015
- All plays submitted will be read blindly by the Straight From The Page committee
- Top scripts will be chosen to be cast and directed for a staged reading
- Casting and directing of the top scripts to be done solely by Straight From The Page producer(s) or their designate – playwrights do not have input in casting or directing decisions
- Top scripts will be performed on April 13, 2015 at Lawrence Family JCC, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS in La Jolla, CA as a staged reading; immediately following the winning play will be selected by audience hand-written ballots
- SDCJC reserves the right to cancel and/or modify the program at any time
- Straight From The Page is unable to compensate for any travel and accommodation expenses