Professor Jacob Goldberg
Dr. Goldberg has a Ph.D. from Harvard University in Middle East politics, and is a former Senior Adviser to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak. He is the author of The Foreign Policy of Saudi Arabia, and has also published numerous articles in newspapers in Israel and the U.S., including The New York Times and The Washington Post.
Monday, March 13, 2017 • 7:00 p.m.
"Arab Winter" Chaos in Full Swing: Six Years and Counting
• The Arab Human Development Report: from Development to Disaster
• Beginning a Soul-Searching Process
• Division of Arab Countries – Fragile/Crisis/Failed/Collapsed States
• The Syrian Catastrophe – Six Years, Six Wars
• Iraq after Mosul – Civil War or Unified State?
• New Turkey: Blend of Islamism/Ottomanism
• Emboldened Iran’s Continued Expansionism
• Sunni-Shi’ite Schism as Middle East Fault Line
• Kurdish Self-Rule Expands
• ISIS in Decline, Jihadist Terrorism on the Rise
Tuesday, March 14, 2017 • 7:00 p.m.
OBAMA'S MIDDLE EAST LEGACY AND TRUMP'S DILEMMA: Continue Retreat or Re-engage?
• Mending Fences: the US and the Moslem World
• Beyond the Nuclear Treaty: Iran as Determinant of US Middle East Policy
• Syria: Four Failures Leading to a Fiasco
• Is there "Radical Islamic Terrorism" or just "Violent Extremism"?
• Shift in Priorities: Which is a Bigger Threat to US National Security - Iran or ISIS?
• Trump’s Agenda I: Relations with Russia as Determinant of US Middle East Policy
• Trump’s Agenda II: Checking Tehran's Regional Ambitions and Putting US Relations with the Sunni World Back on Track?
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 • 7:00 p.m.
ISRAELI OPPORTUNITIES AND RISKS IN A CHAOTIC MIDDLE EAST: Putin as a Challenge, Trump as an Enigma
- Israel: Between a New Regional Landscape and Putin-Trump Ambiguities
- Multi-Faceted Threats : Russia-Iran-Syria-Hizballa, and Hamas
- Ending Palestinian-Israeli Deadlock: "One-State, Two-States, I Don't Care"
- US-Israel Relations: Assessment of Obama, Guesstimate of Trump
- The Israeli Paradox — a High-Tech, “Start-Up” Nation Vs. Polarized Electorate, Paralyzed Government, and Pulverized Center/Left
- Shimon Peres—Last of the Founding Fathers
David & Dorothea Garfield Theatre
Ticket Price Per Lecture: $18.50; JCC Member $15.00
Goldberg 3-pack: Price $50.00; JCC Member Price $40.00
Jacob Goldberg Lectures Underwriters
Beth & Danny Dabby • Phyllis & Morris Gold • Lucy Goldman • Sandra & Arthur Levinson • Viterbi Family
In Formation as of February 1, 2017