J*Company Youth Theatre
Artistic Director: Joey Landwehr
Managing Director: Nan Pace
Musicians in the Making Chair: Eileen Wingard
Musicians in the Making Concerts:
To Be Announced
Musicians in the Making - Description
Musicians in the Making (MITM) is a program of J*Company Youth Theatre, presented by the San Diego Center for Jewish Culture at the Lawrence Family JCC, Jacobs Family Campus. The first Musicians in the Making performance took place at the Jewish Community Center in November, 2010.
MITM showcases emerging young talent from throughout the San Diego community. Two young musicians are invited to perform by J*Company Youth Theatre and are selected to create programs of high musical quality. The chosen performers have the recommendation of one or more music teachers or professors, and are required to have a minimum of five years music performance studies experience. Moreover, membership in a community music group, orchestra or sinfonietta is preferable.
MITM concerts are scheduled twice a year by J*Company Youth Theatre. Admission is free. Donations are welcome to defray the costs. For further information and/or to be considered for this program, please contact J*Company Youth Theatre managing director, Nan Pace at 858-362-1155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Musicians in the Making - Guidelines
Once you are invited, two months prior to the performance please submit:/p>
- Your repertoire, not to exceed 25 minutes, with full titles, names of composers and timing.
- A 100-150 word biography and a high resolution jpg photo.
- The full name of your accompanist if you have one.
Please address the information to:
MITM Chair: Eileen Wingard (email@example.com)
- The committee requests, but does not require, that you contact the other young performer, with whom the program is shared, for a final combined short repertoire piece.
- If an accompanist is needed, you are expected to provide your own.
- On the day of the performance, please make sure you and your accompanist arrive two hours prior to the beginning of the program.
- If you wish to rehearse in the days prior to the performance at the JCC's Astor Judaica Library where the concert will be held, please contact Nan Pace at 858-362-1155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are encouraged to invite guests!
- The SDCJC will provide hot and cold drinks for a post-performance reception.
- You and your parents are kindly encouraged to bring snacks for the reception. Snacks must be kosher style (no meat of any kind).